A little tutorial for you who are wondering how to make your own little heart from silver wire. NO SOLDER needed. We're going to FUSE!! How fun! <3
- Butane torch (I use the small one for creme brule)
- 16 gauge Argentium/Fine Silver round wire
- Wire cutter
- Round nose pliers
1. Cut your silver wire to 6 cm.
2. Mark the middle of it and bend it like pictured. The corner will be a bit rounded.
3. Using the largest part of your round nose pliers, round the ends of your wire like picture #3. You will see that the ends do not meet perfectly.
4. Take your wire cutter, using the flush side, cut in an angle like picture #4 until the ends of the wire aligned perfectly. If your wire cutter leaving some pinched mark, file them flat before fusing.
5. Close the gaps between the wire until they're closed tight against each other. Take your butane torch, set the fire to the pointest state and start fusing.
Here's a great tutorial about fusing wire. You may want to read it first if you're new to fusing wire :)
I hope you enjoy this mini tutorial! Leave a comment here if you have any questions.
A great tip from Janice: "Kay - if you want a more 'pointy' bottom to the heart, rather than rounded.....try taking a triangular needle file to the halfway mark - file about 1/2 to 3/4 the way through, bend, make sure its tight, then fuse the point."
Picture on the right shows the finished fused heart --->>>
*****Download the PDF version HERE!*****